The DH NR-XII is a modified version of our first car, the C&C Alpha NR-XI. While the C&C Alpha NR-XI was intended to be used for FSAE Michigan '11, and later for FS Hungary '12, the car went through many changes between the two events. Hence, the car was re-launched as the DH NR-XII in the summer of 2012.Much of the transitional period was spent on testing the car and upgrading it as we went along. We gained familiarity with its performance and introduced additional features.
The improvements in DH NR-XII can be summarized as:
- ProShift solenoid automated gear shifter with ignition cut for clutchless upshifts, and steering mounted button shifters.
- Smaller radiator fan. Cooling system was wind-tunnel tested at the Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore.
- Fuel maps tuned for reliable engine starting and performance. Further tuning for reduced fuel consumption and improved spark plug lifetime.
- Ignition maps tuned to better acceleration. Lambda sensor used to calibrate AFR to optimum value.
- Use of carbon fiber: seat, firewall were made of carbon fiber.
- Improved aerodynamics: Redesigned body shell.